Richard Huston, RScP
1. How did you find Religious Science/Centers for Spiritual Living?
I am from Maine and when searching for a new spiritual home, I found Unity when I was 30 years old. At the time there were no Science of Mind centers to go to near me. When I moved to NorCal in 2002, I searched and found my new home at Science of Mind in Santa Rosa, CA where Rev. Dr. Edward Viljoen is the Senior Minister.
2. What do you like the most about the teaching?
Two things stand out....1) how open and inclusive and 2) that education is one of the key components of the teaching. I have really enjoyed the classes and being able to dive in.
3. What is your favorite spiritual practice and why?
Mindfulness as it keeps me open, available to what is, and in the present.
4. What do you love to do for fun?
I love to sing and dance.
5. What is the last book you read?
Currently reading the new Pema Chodron book "Welcoming the Unwelcome"
6. Is there anything else you would like us to know about you?
I loved the idea of a stretch goal that did as part of Mary Morrissey Prosperity Plus III class. I chose at age 61 to do triathlons, even though I had never done endurance training. I have loved and am finally able to really enjoy the swim, bike, and run training.