Center for Spiritual Living, Greater Las Vegas, is formerly known as Spiritual Life Center and First Church of Religious Science, Las Vegas. Our new name was adopted in 2009 as part of the United Centers for Spiritual Living campaign to unify our organization.
First Church of Religious Science, Las Vegas, as we were formally known, traces its origins to the early 1950s. Sometime between 1952 and 1954, a woman known as Dr. LeAllaire conducted religious services in various office buildings, calling her church "The Church on the Side of the Road." Later, Rev. Lee Mooney arrived and acted as Assistant Minister. After Dr. LeAllaire made her transition, Rev. Mooney took the leadership, and on November 7, 1954, Rev. Mooney had his Charter Presentation Service. Over fifty members had signed Charter Applications and the membership Roll.